Location Tampa(FL), Detroit (MI), Orlando (FL), Nashville (TN), Philadelphia (PA), Austin (TX), Raleigh (NC), Sacramento (CA), Phoenix (AZ),
Time commitment: 4-6 hours/week
Term: 3 years
Action Center Coordinator (ACC) is a highly visible leadership role in Vibha. This is a great opportunity for a high energy, self-motivated individual looking to volunteer their time to make an impact at grassroots level by leveraging their people skills, leadership abilities, organizational and team spirit.
This role will start as in-training leader and will mature into ACC role after successful completion of training program (within 6 -12 months of joining).
The ACC is directly responsible for establishing an action center, setting the annual plan for the action center and managing its day to day operations and its growth. This involves bringing people together and leading the vision by conducting fundraising events, awareness drives, community partnerships and any other activities. This role empowers other action center volunteers and acts as Vibha’s culture guru.
This role will have high visibility and support from Vibha’s executive team, including but not limited to recruiting action center executive team (Volunteer Relations, Treasurer, Publicity/Marketing) mentoring, training materials, tools to manage operations, seed funding, best practices, etc.
Vibha’s executive team is comprised of accomplished professionals from across industries and are highly motivated and experienced in driving Vibha’s vision and mission.
- Volunteer leadership: ACC, with the help from the National Director of Volunteer Relations, will assist in recruiting, orientation, mentoring, retention and growth of action center volunteers. ACCs are responsible for ensuring diversity within the action center.
- Fund Raising: ACC will work closely with national executive team in identifying and implementing the right set of activities for the action center. They will ensure that fundraising events are executed smoothly and in alignment with national fundraising playbook & standards. They will also be empowered to think outside the box around fundraising and suggest/implement new ways. Depending on the size and activities conducted at the action center, an ACC may be responsible for handling finances and accounting.
- Awareness Generation: ACCs will be responsible for reaching out to multiple avenues and spreading the vision and mission of Vibha. This will include leading partnerships with local patrons, community leaders, other non-profits, event sponsors/organizers and organizations, in addition to ensuring local marketing, press/media presence and social media presence in collaboration with national executive team.
- National Liaison: ACCs act as the representative of the action center at the national level, leveraging national Subject Matter Experts and other resources as needed while providing feedback loop from action center’s experience. ACC will attend annual volunteer conference (may require travel). ACCs are members of the Electoral College that elects the members of the Executive Management Team (after successful completion of training period).
- Passion for making a difference in the community and being the change
- Love for connecting and engaging people
- Experience in leading teams/initiatives and working with social communities
- Social media, technology, finance skills, fundraising experience highly preferred
- Event management experience is a plus
- Professional and objective outlook
- Understanding of local socio-economic and demographic landscape
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply