Brief Summary of Training Workshop for Field Staff
Project Name: Comprehensive Education Initiative (CEI)
Project Area: Paderu Tribal Division (11 Mandals in total), District Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
Training Dates: 4th Aug 2021 – 8th Aug 2021
Place of Training: BCT Campus Haripuram, Vishakhapatnam.
Trainers – Lt Cdr Kapil Sangwan (Vibha);Pranil Naik, Larissa Lopes and Chaitanya Chakravarthy (LeapForWord); Sri Ram Murthy (Bhagavatula Charitable Trust); Rama Nandanavanam (Sikshana Foundation)
Trainees – Project Coordinator, Mandal Coordinators (also referred as ‘Mentors’), Special Educators (all BCT employees)
- To help the mentors understand the whole CEI program.
- To train the mentors on
- Elementary and Advance Reading levels of LFW’s English Literacy Program
- Inclusive Education Programme of BCT
- Student Motivation Programme (‘Prerana’) of Sikshana
- ‘We Love Reading’ Programme of Government of Andhra Pradesh
- To get to know the challenges faced by the mentors during the covid situation.
- To understand and get an experience of how the schools operated during the covid scenario.
- Day 1 – Orientation on CEI Program and training on Elementary Reading level
- Day 2 – Training on ‘We Love Reading’ Program and Advance Reading Level
- Day 3 – Field visit to Paderu and meeting with Education Department Officials
- Day 4 – Training on Inclusive Education Component
- Day 5 – Training on Student Motivation Program and CEI Mobile Application
Vibha’s Contribution to the Workshop:
- Entire planning for the conduct of the workshop in collaboration with other stake holders
- Funding for the workshop (the entire CEI Program is being funded by Vibha)
- Coordination with State and District Education Officials and District Institute of Education and Training (Visakhapatnam) for participation of District Resource Personnel in the workshop
- Planned visit of representatives from each organisation to the Govt Schools in the Paderu Division for first hand understanding of the ground situation
- Interacted with Administration at Paderu Division to develop the joint implementation strategy for the Project
Few Glimpses of the Workshop
Day 1 – Orientation on CEI Program
Day 2 – Training by DIET (Visakhapatnam) Resource Faculty
Day 3 – Field visit to a school in Paderu Division